Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 3: a BIG day

As the title says, today was a BIG day in many ways.

In the morning, the internet was only working in the other room, so we decided to swap rooms after lunch to give both groups a chance at setting up email addresses.

We began with another re-cap exercise. Then I showed them powerpoint and excel which was a huge challenge since they were just getting the hang of word.

After lunch, just as I was beginning to feel extremely challenged at the task of repeating myself 15 times per exercise, repeating myself 15 times per exercise...oops, the habit will take a while to go away after i'm back so beware.

Well anyway, after lunch, the girls threw me a bone and told me that they wanted to take pictures with me which felt like a major breakthrough! Maybe the attempt at relationship building actually worked? Or they are just buttering me up so they can have some pictures of themselves. Either way, I'll take it!

I promised them I'd upload the pictures to my computer tonight so I can transfer them to their USBs tomorrow. Its the most excited I've seen them! Ah the little things. :)

At the end of the day, everyone has email though they don't all quite understand how to work it and have been introduced to all of the Microsoft Office applications they need to know.

Review, review, review tomorrow and of course, the filming.

One of my coworkers advanced students ridiculous drawing on Paint


this one speaks for itself

5 comments:

  1. good stuff EM! Hope you're doing well - nps

    ReplyDelete
  2. soon they will be emailing you updates on their lives, what an awesome skill you are teaching them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teaching isn't easy but it sounds like you're doing an amazing job!
    It's a lot of information to process and retain in a short period of time for your students, but such an important skill to learn.

    That photo of the work of art on paint is so... creative!

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you did a lot in a very short time. Very awesome! It's the planting of the seed that starts the growing:) ~Gimbl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be so rewarding to complete such impactful work. Look foward to hearing all about it. - Sabryna

    ReplyDelete