Monday, November 14, 2011

Office Visit & more

Today consisted of meeting everyone at the Camfed office where we learned about all of the good work they are doing in Ghana. Some amazing stats of helping almost 20,000 girls in the past 4 years with their education and thereafter. We had to exchange money and were told that we'd get a better rate if we didn't go to a bank....so we rolled up in the middle of a local market, our driver rolled down the window, got the exchange rate from 5 guys throwing themselves in the window, got our approval and voila - dollars to Cedis!




(woman on the right: suitcase on her head and child on her back)


After lunch, we visited a secondary girls boarding school for a special assembly in honor of us. The girls each told us what they were studying and got really excited when I pulled out my SLR. They started calling out "Madam" to me to take pics, pretty cute! One even asked for my email address. My name is easy to remember here (50% muslim/50% christian in Tamale), which is a pleasant change :)





Our training begins tomorrow and will be held at the local stadium that was built for the 2008 African Cup of Nations.

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to be able to email the girl? That's so cool - and your pictures are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am constantly impressed and inspired by the things that you do and the places you go. You think some people are more well traveled than you are? I'd say nobody I know is as well traveled with a PURPOSE than YOU are! Looking forward to more pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly - didn't get her email address but if she emails me then I will definitely write her back!

    Shell - You are too sweet. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete