Monday, October 28, 2013

Days 8-9: Weekend of work + Nairobi National Park

On Saturday, went over to Nairobi National Park for a few hours. No one had signed up for a tour so it was me, the driver and a 8 passenger  vehicle. Luck was on my side - saw lions, giraffes, zebras, ostriches, an eagle, and various other animals that I can't remember the names of. The juxtaposition of the park with wild animals and the city of Nairobi so close by was striking. Once minute there are two giraffes fighting and the next second, there's a plane flying over them. Unreal.

The rest of the weekend was all about work. Got a lot done! Need to shift gears to the water social enterprise but struggling as I feel very connected to the honey social enterprise at the moment.

My daily struggle: food. Breakfast at the hotel, then lunch is usually skipped as I don't know where to go or who to ask so by the time 230 rolls around and the dizziness hits me, I start looking in my bag for a granola bar. Sometimes I ask the taxi driver to stop at the local mall (it's safe don't worry) and pick up a sandwich for dinner. Eating at the hotel isn't ideal because there are stray cats walking around and they LOVE to sit next to me. Panic attacks ensure. On Saturday, I felt that I deserved a nice dinner so off to the indoor restaurant I went (usually people are in the casual garden areas) and was one of three tables there. Thought I'd do some work while eating but it didn't work out. Found myself missing home (and wishing I was celebrating Halloween)!




Zebra crossing




2 comments:

  1. *hugs* since you are missing home!

    can you ask the hotel for recommendations on places where you can grab & go?

    No idea where these places are in relation to your hotel, but just in case:

    Riyas Delicious Corner (Shivachi Road, MP Shah Hospital, Doctor's Plaza, Parklands (at /near Sarit Centre), Nairobi

    Bridges Organic Health Restaurant (Tubman Rd, Upperhill Food Court, Upperhill (at Koinange St), Nairobi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you all VIP on your private safari :)

    ReplyDelete